The following literature provides a basic overview of a pulp and paper processing application. View by turning the pages using the arrow on the right side (we recommend expanding to full-screen mode), double-click on a page to zoom in or out, or Download here.
The following 3D Interactive Video displays the general flow process of a Pulp and Paper Plant. Instructions are below.
- Click on the play button to start the video.
- For best viewing while in “play” mode, we recommend expanding to full-screen mode. Do this by clicking on the bottom right icon.
- Once the video begins, use the forward or rewind buttons that will appear at the bottom of the screen as you motion your mouse to that area.
- When in the play mode, you can zoom in or out of the mechanical elements by using the scroll feature of your mouse, or simply use your mouse curser to click and drag the scene around to locate all the elements. Click on any of the Durlon products that appear in the pop-up windows to be directed to more information of that products features.
- Click the escape button of your keyboard to return to the original screen mode.
Paper manufacturing involves several steps, and gaskets are used throughout to prevent leaks, reduce maintenance costs, and ensure a smooth and efficient operation. Durlon® Sealing Solutions reduce downtime, increase efficiency, conserve resources, and improve safety in a wide variety of pulp and paper processing applications. We understand that the number of sealing locations within a paper production plant to be controlled is correspondingly as large as the number of plant components that need to be sealed. The reliability of seals, as key components, plays an important role because they protect systems from external influences and contaminations, increase process safety, and help contain emissions. Our products deliver innovative sealing technologies for various stages of this industry, including digesters, chemical recovery, bleachers, refineries, agitators, compressors, and more.
We strive to provide a full range of innovative sealing technologies and solutions for all stages of the production and processing of raw materials in pulp and paper processing. These have special characteristics such as excellent resistance to highly corrosive media, varying pH range, hot and highly caustic slurries, high temperatures, high-pressure steam, and non-contaminating qualities for fine paper production.
Below is a list of Durlon® gasket recomendations for the Pulp and Paper Industry: